Committee head reports covered a variety of topics when the City Council convened for its monthly meeting Thursday, Feb. 16 at the City Hall (Hallar Building).
• Councilwoman Julie Getz was first. She noted the Board of Public Utilities met and honored Katy Barrett for her years of service to the board and then welcomed Doug Hayworth, who was recently appointed in her position. She also reported Allen West was elected chairman of the board.
• Councilwoman Julie Fields then reported a new roll-up door was being installed at street barn and the committee was preparing for other work to be reviewed and prepared for other buildings.
• Councilman Allen Mensch stated that his committee was still working on two-hour parking on 2nd St. He stated it was primarily waiting on MODOT to install the new signs. He then clarified with Street Superintendent Morgan Pemberton that the post anchors were being installed currently.
• Mayor Pro Tem Jim McDaniel reported that a budget adjustment would be made in the month of May or June if required.
• Councilwoman Getz then reported the ladder truck has been sold in the recent surplus auction. That was the result of a of a previous Council vote to purge equipment which was no longer of use to the City.
• Councilwoman Carol Mallory reported on the Merit Board. She said it has had no meeting since the police department was fully staffed.
• Councilwoman Getz reported that Naomi Chastain had resigned…
See Full Story In This Week’s Image…